I'm back!!!

After a brief hiatus, I realize my mind races if I don't write my thoughts down. Its called my "Mind Dump". And you all know that if you don't empty out time to time, things can get really backed up. So I promise a weekly excerpt, even if it doesn't make sense. But does anything in life make sense when push comes to shove?



Monday, April 26, 2010

DTA

DTA

Don't Trust Anyone

Squeeze me?

From a young age, my baby brother always said this to me. DTA.
I used to brush his comment aside and laugh!

But as I grew older, I kept DTA close to me. Maybe because it was my brother's younger wisdom that I admired. Maybe because I knew deep, down inside...that it was true.

Today, someone stole a possession of mine from a very public place. I was working in my director's office to work on multiple tasks. He is great that way--he let's all his team members use the office for this purpose or for brainstorming sessions.

My laptop, purse and phone was on the desk. I left for a one hour meeting and since a fellow co-worker was in the office with me from a previous meeting, he left the door open when he left.

When I came back, my Blackberry had disappeared. Frantically, I looked everywhere and then proceeded to check my purse. Credit cards, check. Money, check. ID, check.

But no BlackBerry. My co-worker remembered seeing my phone in the office when he left. I was stunned--someone was brazen enough to enter the office and take my phone? I called and it went straight to voicemail. I dropped my head, saddened. How can someone just walk in and take MY possessions?

I thought my work world was safe. I was wrong. A wise nod to you, baby bro.

No comments:

Post a Comment