I'm back!!!

After a brief hiatus, I realize my mind races if I don't write my thoughts down. Its called my "Mind Dump". And you all know that if you don't empty out time to time, things can get really backed up. So I promise a weekly excerpt, even if it doesn't make sense. But does anything in life make sense when push comes to shove?



Sunday, October 23, 2011

Its the journey--not the destination

Growing up, I was often confounded with the idea whether or not the grass was greener on the other side.

As youth, we do not have enough skills to understand things beyond face value. We grow mostly with inner reflection and a selfish right to not look beyond what we feel. And it presents a facade--something that we are not willing to dissect until many, many years later.

I would not trade my formulative years for anything; it was a journey I had to take to reach a semi-destination today. Ultimately, what is the true destination? Is it a goal we make in life? Does it continue beyond that goal onto another? Or does it end with death? Or go beyond this inevitable state, to a place that the mind cannot even imagine?

The cliched remark, "Hindsight is 20/20" does allude to the fact that in everyone's case a journey must be embarked on to learn the truths today.

And as with the Romantic Elliptical, I will take you along another journey....back to my childhood.

No comments:

Post a Comment