I'm back!!!

After a brief hiatus, I realize my mind races if I don't write my thoughts down. Its called my "Mind Dump". And you all know that if you don't empty out time to time, things can get really backed up. So I promise a weekly excerpt, even if it doesn't make sense. But does anything in life make sense when push comes to shove?



Sunday, February 7, 2010

Reality: In sickness and in health

Ok, so I did not post for many days. Hard to when stomach flu hits the entire family within the span of a week.

But while I was puking in the toilet, I started thinking, realizing in sickness, the most thought-provoking ideas come to surface.

I always get depressed when I am sick. Body does affect the mind and when you are at your worst physically, it gets you thinking. Spiritual as I am today, I am on a different "plane" philosophically when sick.

Perhaps, its the hours spent alone staring at the ceiling, unable to sleep, wondering about the how the world continues without me. And when I am down, its a spiraling sensation. One negative thought leads to another...and the world goes on. I conflict with the world when I think this way and everything goes wrong.

BUT...when I block out the wars, natural devastation, greed, hate, envy, ostentation, gluttony (the list goes on)--the world turns in my favour. Sometimes you need to get sick to slow down and see it, analyze it, ponder it.

Squeeze me?

Cluck your tongue, shake your head, and roll your eyes.

It is the perception of my reality. It is not the same as everyone else's. But its mine and it turns the world in my favour.

No comments:

Post a Comment