I'm back!!!

After a brief hiatus, I realize my mind races if I don't write my thoughts down. Its called my "Mind Dump". And you all know that if you don't empty out time to time, things can get really backed up. So I promise a weekly excerpt, even if it doesn't make sense. But does anything in life make sense when push comes to shove?



Sunday, January 24, 2010

Lazy Susan

How could twins be so different? I always thought there was an unexplainable connection, that they fed off each other, complimented one another, were each other's soulmates--until I had them and realized that Mother does not know all.

Twin 1 is very accomodating, a people-pleaser, illustrates a thirst for knowledge and wants to better herself in every aspect. Twin 1 takes the more difficult, high road to soar to her goals.

Twin 2 is stubborn, unaware of her surroundings, ignorant to points of view other than her own, comfortable with status quo and reminds me of a lazy susan in the kitchen. If its easy, Twin 2 will take the sloping road in search of a good restaurant.

I realized day by day, I could not address them in the same manner. I saw them as one. Ying and Yang, Sonny and Cher, Peanut Butter and Chocolate. Even when I called out to them, their names became one compound word.

They had been divorced for so many years that I did not notice and pushed my agenda on them without respecting their rights. Their souls needed to be nurtured in ways that were conducive to their growth.

The physical separation was easy. Took me until now to perform the mental separation...

No comments:

Post a Comment