I'm back!!!

After a brief hiatus, I realize my mind races if I don't write my thoughts down. Its called my "Mind Dump". And you all know that if you don't empty out time to time, things can get really backed up. So I promise a weekly excerpt, even if it doesn't make sense. But does anything in life make sense when push comes to shove?



Thursday, January 14, 2010

Ah, to be young again!

I just love how I am popping pimples on a daily basis.

I never had acne as a teenager -- hence I always received compliments about my skin.
But my mother waved her finger at me back in 1987 and said, "Your life will change when you get married and have kids".

As a teenager, I shrugged and dismissed her warning. Never did I think I would have the following:

weight gain
acne
belly fat
back problems
high cholesterol
abnormal sugar levels
thinning hair
laugh lines
chin hair
unexplainable gas
dizzy spells


These are just a few examples. Really, I could write a pre-menopausal book on my symptoms. I just cannot believe how fast I was afflicted.

I DO understand Hollywood's obsession though. Heidi from the show The Hills, is only in her 20s and just finished 10 plastic surgeries in one day. With society and the media pushing the importance of what is on the outside, the inside is forgotten and thus, not nurtured.

I think I will wash my face with DOVE tonite...the women reading this blog will understand...

No comments:

Post a Comment