I'm back!!!

After a brief hiatus, I realize my mind races if I don't write my thoughts down. Its called my "Mind Dump". And you all know that if you don't empty out time to time, things can get really backed up. So I promise a weekly excerpt, even if it doesn't make sense. But does anything in life make sense when push comes to shove?



Saturday, January 16, 2010

The Majestic Microwave

I cannot believe how reliant I am on this microwave.

It caught fire yesterday so I unplugged it and wrote a note: DO NOT USE. FIRE HAZARD.

While preparing the day's food and following my normal routine of the day, I turned to use the microwave FIVE times.

We all joke at some point about the radiation from this majestic oven...but really, we don't think about the long term affects of heating the food we injest with radiated heat.

I found other ways around heating the things I needed to heat (hot water, toaster oven, room defrost). And it will take the entire weekend to accomplish my tasks.

Its ok, no rush. I got the time to live a bit longer...

2 comments:

  1. this is the third entry in a row that doesn't include "squeeze me."

    ReplyDelete
  2. there are days I just don't want to be squeezed ...

    ReplyDelete