I'm back!!!

After a brief hiatus, I realize my mind races if I don't write my thoughts down. Its called my "Mind Dump". And you all know that if you don't empty out time to time, things can get really backed up. So I promise a weekly excerpt, even if it doesn't make sense. But does anything in life make sense when push comes to shove?



Thursday, September 23, 2010

Stubborn Pride

Ever want to broach a subject but your unwillingness got in the way?

Ever wanted to sincerely apologize but you felt the other person needed to say sorry first?

Ever wanted to break the silence and reason it out but you were too opinionated?

Ever want for things to be different but not take the initiative to change it?

We are all too aware of of 'committing' these actions yet we do it anyways.

Its called STUBBORN PRIDE. Squeeze me?

Why do I always back down? Why do I always sacrifice? Why do I always compromise? Why do I always have to take the initiative? Why do I always have to speak first? Why do I always have to take the initial step? Why do I feel I am losing out? Why do I always feel I am taking two steps back?

What is the cure? What is the solution? How do I fix this? How do I fix me?

One word.

Empathy.


Pride is a hard pill to swallow but once you do it, you are no less than the person or situation you are fighting against. You will find that your are more like your enemy than you ever realized.

To know your enemy, is to know thyself..and at the end, the real enemy is only you...

No comments:

Post a Comment