I'm back!!!

After a brief hiatus, I realize my mind races if I don't write my thoughts down. Its called my "Mind Dump". And you all know that if you don't empty out time to time, things can get really backed up. So I promise a weekly excerpt, even if it doesn't make sense. But does anything in life make sense when push comes to shove?



Thursday, November 4, 2010

Chamomiled Shankar

I slept for a few hours last night. Thanks to Chamomile and Ravi Shankar.

Squeeze me?

Norah Jones HATES being asked about her father while being interviewed. She claims the interview is about HER and not her father, Ravi Shankar. Yes, she is his real daughter. So is Anoushka, her half sister. I always thought it was a shame every time she huffed and puffed about her genealogy. Facts are facts but she is a private person, protecting her life and an absentee father. But I digress.

I stumbled on a combination of chamomile tea and more importantly, a song -- a collaboration of Norah and Anoushka. You see, Norah's half sister has fallen in her father's footsteps and also become a famous sitar player, just like Daddy. I never listened to Ravi growing up but knew he was world reknown and taught The Beatles for a three month stint in India.

So talent breeds talent and I was sent their song by a friend who assured me that this song would send me into a world of relaxation. Norah's soft bluesy voice coupled with Anoushka's beautiful rendition on the sitar. As I finished off my tea and inserted the headphones of my MP3 player and programmed the song to repeat, I fell asleep to this beautiful song named "Easy". She is saying that when your young, love is more real, because you have never been hurt or had your heart broken, and after you grow older, it becomes just another facet of life that loses that first feeling you had when you experienced it in its pure form.

And it was that easy...to unite two sisters, East and West and for me to meet them somewhere in the middle.

No comments:

Post a Comment