I'm back!!!

After a brief hiatus, I realize my mind races if I don't write my thoughts down. Its called my "Mind Dump". And you all know that if you don't empty out time to time, things can get really backed up. So I promise a weekly excerpt, even if it doesn't make sense. But does anything in life make sense when push comes to shove?



Monday, December 27, 2010

The Romantic Elliptical: Part 16, Fine line between coincidence and fate

I dressed for the fashion show with dismay. Everything was too big. I had a lost about 20 pounds in two months. Whatever I put on looked like a curtain. Great. By the time of my engagement, I would be the curtain rod.

We drove out of the city and arrived at the community centre. The parking lot was packed. I had told my fiancee about the event and he assured me he would be there. He was helping out organizing the event with the youth group he was involved in. When we entered, the show had already begun. We grabbed seats at the back. I saw my fiancee near the front and waved. The funny thing was he did not recognize me. I had lost some more weight from our mall encounter and he had to do a double take.

Once the show was over, I stood with my father and sister. My fiancee was still busy with the aftermath so I walked out of the main hall into the front lobby. One of my girlfriends happened to be walking in at the same time I was walking out. She grabbed my elbow to berate me about my weight loss. As she was ranting, my eye caught a scene and I looked passed her to see a group of guys huddled in a circle near the front doors. I blinked twice. It was him.

He was laughing, stand nonchalantly, with his hands in his pant pockets. His friends were talking in an animated fashion and I realized one of them was recounting a story. He listened to him intently. I was riveted by the scene. My friend stopped and looked over. She looked back at me and narrowed her eyes. I felt bad and asked her to repeat what she was saying but I did not hear her again for the second time. I blocked out the noise around me and finally, after two months, was able to focus.

Look over here, I called. If it is meant to be, then you will look over here.

My friend has stopped speaking again and watched me as I watched him.

I think it was the craziest thing I had done to date. I did not believe in telepathy nor did I understand the sixth sense that was guiding me to keep watching. I didn't know why I was calling out to a stranger. But by now, he was no stranger. The guy with the tweed jacket. Now, he was wearing a suit. Why did he catch my attention? Why did he stand out in the crowd? Many people were filing out of the main hall into the lobby. There must have been 50 people between us. I looked down and shook my head. What am I doing? I need to get out of here.

As my confused friend bid me goodbye, I looked up. Out of a crowd of 50 people, he was looking directly at me.

There was no fighting it. So I did not look away.

This time I knew.

No comments:

Post a Comment