I'm back!!!

After a brief hiatus, I realize my mind races if I don't write my thoughts down. Its called my "Mind Dump". And you all know that if you don't empty out time to time, things can get really backed up. So I promise a weekly excerpt, even if it doesn't make sense. But does anything in life make sense when push comes to shove?



Monday, March 8, 2010

Open your eyes to Half the Sky

Happy International Woman's Day

I hope you wore a string on your finger. And I really hope you go out and buy the book "Half the Sky" by Nicolas Kristof and Sheryl WuDunn about the oppression of women and girls across the globe.

While reading the book, many nights I needed to stop on the account that my vision was blurred by tears. This book is a wake up call--a call to everyone to understand that like the Chinese proverb says, Women hold up half the sky.

Check out this video to learn more how anyone can make this world a better place by educating women.

Remember, you are one drop in the ocean

No comments:

Post a Comment