I'm back!!!

After a brief hiatus, I realize my mind races if I don't write my thoughts down. Its called my "Mind Dump". And you all know that if you don't empty out time to time, things can get really backed up. So I promise a weekly excerpt, even if it doesn't make sense. But does anything in life make sense when push comes to shove?



Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Double Your Trouble

I have twins.

Twin #1 is five minutes older. I always thought she was the smarter, more intelligent child based on the fact that she made adequate decisions as a result of me giving her that power. Twin #2 was more submissive and passive and let Twin #1 take the lead. Back when they were only five years old, I decided to test out the politics of their relationship.

One day after cleaning the dust in the family room, I was behind a couch when Twin #2 was looking for me. I hid on purpose. No one else was home. She immediately launched a search and informed Twin #1 that I was missing. They searched high and low and came to the frightening conclusion that they were abandonned. I eagerly awaited their action plan, expecting Twin #1 to take control--instead she broke down crying. Twin #2 consoled her and took the reigns.

"I know what we need to do!" Twin #2 exclaimed. Twin #1 was inconsolable.

"We need to dial 1-1-9!" and Twin #2 proceeded to grab the cordless phone to call for help.

Squeeze me?

Well at least her action plan was sound ;) Just when you think you know someone...never underestimate.

No comments:

Post a Comment