I'm back!!!

After a brief hiatus, I realize my mind races if I don't write my thoughts down. Its called my "Mind Dump". And you all know that if you don't empty out time to time, things can get really backed up. So I promise a weekly excerpt, even if it doesn't make sense. But does anything in life make sense when push comes to shove?



Sunday, December 13, 2009

Virtually a Virtual World

I participated in my first virtual tradeshow this past week.

It was quite the experience. The first hour was affected by technical difficulties on the vendor's part but eventually we were able to partake in the show to its full capacity.

We had many at our booth for the most part of the day and it was a unique experience meeting everyone online. Technology has sure come a long way and I still feel this show allowed our company to be creative in the way we market our solutions. Sadly, I felt something big was missing.

Squeeze me?

Yep, the face to face interaction was replaced by avatar to avatar interaction. Being accustomed to the hustle and bustle of the real-life tradeshow, I was floating in the atmosphere of the VIRTUAL WORLD. It was a surreal experience and one I will have to get used to even though we have the MSNs and Facebooks of the world...Can someone show me to the virtual bar?

No comments:

Post a Comment