I'm back!!!

After a brief hiatus, I realize my mind races if I don't write my thoughts down. Its called my "Mind Dump". And you all know that if you don't empty out time to time, things can get really backed up. So I promise a weekly excerpt, even if it doesn't make sense. But does anything in life make sense when push comes to shove?



Friday, December 4, 2009

The Mitten Experiment

I am SO TIRED of telling my kids to do STUFF.

No matter how many times you tell them to put their coat in the closet, backpacks in their rooms, boots on the shelf, hair straightener in the drawer, the cap back on the toothpaste, a new toilet paper roll when the old one is done, towel on the rack, milk back in the fridge, wrappers in the garbage, dishes in the sink...no matter what...they do not LISTEN!!!

In a world where there is so much stimulus, I notice the generation of today has ADD. No one focuses, no one stops to think and no one really listens.

So I left a mitten, ON THE FLOOR, in the hallway, in PLAIN SIGHT...LAST SUNDAY. It's a black and furry so you can't miss it.

Today is Friday and lo and behold...at 5pm, it is STILL THERE!!!

Squeeze me?

What am I trying to prove to myself when I already know neither of the children are going to pick it up?

Funny enough, my youngest twin (who has abandoned wearing her glasses) finally took notice of it and while squinting, proclaimed, "Why is there a furry, black underwear on the floor!"

Note to self: Not only are they deaf...they are blind too!

No comments:

Post a Comment