I'm back!!!

After a brief hiatus, I realize my mind races if I don't write my thoughts down. Its called my "Mind Dump". And you all know that if you don't empty out time to time, things can get really backed up. So I promise a weekly excerpt, even if it doesn't make sense. But does anything in life make sense when push comes to shove?



Tuesday, November 17, 2009

The Miserable Mattress

The man of the house decided to go out and buy a mattress--without me there.

He bought the floor model with a pillow-top. He and my daughter tried it out and thought it was firm enough. Long story short, they bought it. First day I lay on it, honestly..it was heaven. I felt like I was lying on a $2000 cloud.

But as the days wore on, my back increasingly became sore. I thought it was me. I was working out more during that time period, thinking this to be the reason for the stiffness. But then I slept one night on my daughter's cheap $300 IKEA mattress and woke up a new woman.

My dad said back in the old country, they sometimes slept on a "charpai": a small bed with 4 legs and weaved straw. He shook his head and clucked his tongue when I told him how much the mattress was. And then he said: "Bad habits are like a comfortable bed, easy to get into, but hard to get out of"...

Squeeze me?

Why are the proverbs from the "old country" not applicable HERE!?

No comments:

Post a Comment