I'm back!!!

After a brief hiatus, I realize my mind races if I don't write my thoughts down. Its called my "Mind Dump". And you all know that if you don't empty out time to time, things can get really backed up. So I promise a weekly excerpt, even if it doesn't make sense. But does anything in life make sense when push comes to shove?



Monday, October 12, 2009

2012

So I hear Hollywood is coming out with the movie, 2012. Squeeze me? Another movie about the end of the world? I can't wait to see another movie that depicts Armageddon! (Note: subtle sarcasm here)


It seems to be an addiction --the need to enthrall us in the idea of doomsday. We have gone to these movies, enjoyed the special effects and immersed ourselves in the acting skills of our beloved celebrities. They certainly do a good job convincing us that the world is coming to an end. But ask yourself, is this something you watch and then forget about the next morning? Is this pure entertainment?


Just reflect and perhaps you did for a second on Dec 31, 1999 at 11:58...are we being sent a message? We are slowing destroying Mother Earth. We are still fighting wars. Entire species are disappearing.

But on a humanitarian front, the message could be very simple.

What if today was your last day?
What if tonight you took your last breath?
What are you doing now to make a difference?

......she asks as she listens to Prince's song, 1999......

No comments:

Post a Comment