I'm back!!!

After a brief hiatus, I realize my mind races if I don't write my thoughts down. Its called my "Mind Dump". And you all know that if you don't empty out time to time, things can get really backed up. So I promise a weekly excerpt, even if it doesn't make sense. But does anything in life make sense when push comes to shove?



Thursday, October 15, 2009

Boy in Balloon

Squeeze Me?

Boy in a balloon, travelling 50 miles in the air, 7000 feet from the ground. What the heck? My co-worker came hurtling to my desk today and frantically asked me to log onto CNN.com ....to see the video of the balloon travelling across Northeast Colorado. In the middle of a large website design, I rolled my eyes and logged on to witness this crazy flight and an even the crazier notion that a small six year old boy was in the compartment of this balloon.

The rest of the afternoon was a play by play communication with five people near my cubicle. Balloon lands, balloon empty, boy must have fallen off, is boy alive or dead, where did the boy land? All this commotion and I have a website to edit!

Needless to say, the whole episode was intriguing. Many in the office were clucking their tongues, shaking their heads and feeling sympathy for the poor family of the this missing child. I got to admit, I was wondering how it was going to end. Images of a small boy lying disjointed somewhere on the landscape got me a bit teary-eyed.

As I was coming out of a meeting, that same co-worker runs into the department to announce that the six year old boy had been yelled at for playing in the compartment of the balloon and hid in a cardboard box in the attic of their garage--THE WHOLE TIME. Yes, a sigh of relief....then wondering how it came to be that his sibling swore he saw him in the compartment just before it took off.

He is safe and sound. The family is relieved. The UFO adventure is over. It's a good ending.

But it would make for good TV had he been in the balloon and survived the flight!

Inquiring minds always want to know.............

No comments:

Post a Comment