I'm back!!!

After a brief hiatus, I realize my mind races if I don't write my thoughts down. Its called my "Mind Dump". And you all know that if you don't empty out time to time, things can get really backed up. So I promise a weekly excerpt, even if it doesn't make sense. But does anything in life make sense when push comes to shove?



Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Patience is a Virtue

You know, I look around and everyone is rushing through life.

People are walking faster, talking faster, calculating faster, producing faster...I feel like everything is a race against time.

There is a blurring of lines - there is no black or white. Grey zones pop up and exist everywhere now. We are just going through the motions.

Life is simple but we make it messy. We need to slow down. Even the kids today are rushing to get the newest technology. Who has the latest gadget.

Squeeze me?

I was running to a meeting one day. My co-worker stopped me and asked why am I running? Is the room going to change? Are the people we are meeting going to leave? Will the meeting get cancelled if we are two minutes late? Slow down, pace yourself and accept everything as is. We believe one minute will change the world as we know it. So what?

If change happens, relax ....things happen for a short time. We are in a state of flux. We try to control but we can't. Don't try...let the cards fall where they may.

Get back to the basics. Write a letter, don't text. Pick up the phone and call a friend, don't Twitter. Am I anti-technology? No. I am going back to the basics. Simplicity. No complication, no strings, no hidden agenda. Its the naked truth.

You know the saying, "Slow down and smell the roses"...I say "Slow down and plant the roses".

Sit back patiently....and watch your creation grow.

No comments:

Post a Comment