I'm back!!!

After a brief hiatus, I realize my mind races if I don't write my thoughts down. Its called my "Mind Dump". And you all know that if you don't empty out time to time, things can get really backed up. So I promise a weekly excerpt, even if it doesn't make sense. But does anything in life make sense when push comes to shove?



Tuesday, October 13, 2009

The Letterman/Polanski Conundrum

I have been listening and watching the whole Letterman scandal. Not by choice--its either fed intravenously by radio or sent to me by email in YouTube excerpts. The first airing of guilt by Letterman actually made me laugh--laugh at how he effectively dismissed his adultery through the use of humour. What a showman! What a great comedian! Thunderous applause!

The second airing of his show depicts a more solemn man confirming how his behaviour has 'horribly hurt' his wife. Now its getting deep and dirty. His admission of conducting creepy things is getting creepy. Still, he receives applaud and support from his delusional audience.

I think this audience are the handpicked supporters of fated Roman Polanski. They too placed this glorious Hollywood producer in the "I am famous, you can't touch me" pedestal. Well, a lesson to all. The old proverb "What goes around, comes around" is something that comes to mind. Whether you are a famous comedian or a reknowned producer, rape is rape and adultery is just plain old cheatin'.

Polanski is depressed in jail.
Letterman is depressed about public scrutiny.
I'm depressed because I can't remember what I ate for breakfast this morning and my panties just went up a size.

Squeeze me? I will take the fall for that anyday.....

No comments:

Post a Comment